Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian
88695179

My puppy is shaking. like he can't breath what do I do

Customer Question

My puppy is shaking . like he can't breath what do I do
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** and I am sorry to hear that Babygirl is having problems this evening. Can you be more specific when you say that he is "shaking like can't she breathe?" Also you say that she is 4 years old, but call her a puppy? Can you confirm her age?

Next, is she still conscious and responsive or is she unconscious? Can you see her gums? What color are they, medium pink I hope or pale or red? Did she lose control of her bowels or bladder?

There are several possibilities for the cause of shaking. I would wonder about seizures, exposure to a toxin, shivering, choking, low blood sugar and electrolyte problems.

I would strongly consider taking her to your local animal emergency room this evening as soon as possible if she is indeed having trouble breathing.

Best regards, ***** ***** this answer helps you. Please message back if you have any more questions.

Dr. Amanda

Kansas State University,

College of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2001

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She's 4months olds. Her gums or med. Pink.
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Is she still shaking? Did she lose consciousness while shaking? If she is still conscious, have you tried to feed her?

Did you apply any flea medicine recently?

Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

How is your puppy this evening? Did her shaking stop? Did you end up taking her to your vet today?

Also, do you have any more questions for me? If you are satisfied with my assistance, please take a moment to use the stars at the top of the page to rate my answer so that I will be compensated for helping you today. For future questions, you can find me here: http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=88695179&FID=0

Best regards,

Dr. Amanda