Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian
88695179

My dog has a sore back end - still walking and moving around

Customer Question

Hi - my dog has a sore back end - still walking and moving around but a friend told me I could give her a bit of Robacecet? Is this true?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** and I am sorry to hear that Malory is sore in the hind end. When you say Robacecet, did you actually mean Robaxecet? This product is a human product that contains methocarbamol and Tylenol. Methocarbamol is safe for dogs, but Tylenol is not. I would not recommend giving this product to your dog as the Tylenol can cause liver problems.

If you need an over-the-counter pain medication for tonight, you can give aspirin 325mg twice daily.

I hope this answer helps you. Feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

Dr. Amanda

Kansas State University

College of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2001

Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

How is Malory this evening? Were you able to take her to your regular vet today for doggie pain medication?

Do you have any more questions for me?

If you are satisfied with my assistance, please take a moment to use the stars at the top of the page to rate my answer so that I will be compensated for helping you today. For future questions, you can find me here: http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=88695179&FID=0

Best regards,

Dr. Amanda