Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I am researching the medication a dermatologist specialist

Customer Question

I am researching the medication a dermatologist specialist prescribed my dog yesterday. It seams so overwhelming and I feel like my dog is being treated as a Ginny pig. I am concerned with the side effects and don't want to put my pet through this. My instinct is to get a second opinion. Here is a list of medication for the next 4 weeks:
Atopica 25mg day/10 mg eve
Nexgard monthly
Trental 400mg 2x's daily
prednisone 10 mg every other day
Protopic 0.1 2xs daily
Transition to royal canin potato and venison dog food
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am sorry to hear that your pup is having problems! It says she has vascular is in her ear pinnae? I see the dermatologist prescribed several medications. Has she been on any of these medications on their own already?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she began treatment with the specialist on September 23, 2015
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she has a v shaped wound at the tip of each ear.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jess K replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am sorry but I am not able to take phone calls. If you would prefer to talk to someone over the phone, I can opt out so another expert may be able to call you. Please let me know if you would prefer that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only prefer if it would expedite receiving the information I need in a timely manner. Let me know if you can accommodate my request. This is my first time using this forum so I am unfamiliar with the timeliness of using this service.
Expert:  Jess K replied 1 year ago.

I believe it depends on how many experts are available right now. It is possible someone might call you back right away. I will go ahead and opt out, and if no one has called you in a bit, I will come back to your question.