DrMelJ
DrMelJ, Veterinarian
Experience:  graduate of the University of MN College of Vet Med
24095035

My dog ate a lot of hair off my other dogs back over a week

Customer Question

my dog ate a lot of hair off my other dogs back over a week appetite is down to nothing drinks water if i bring it to her she is weak
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  DrMelJ replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. Thanks for the question, I'm sorry to hear about your dogs troubles. Based on the information you provided, it is highly likely your pup has an intestinal obstruction from the hair. This could be very serious. I recommend getting to the vet today for an exam and X-rays. Your dog may need a lots of fluids and laxatives or even surgery to get things moving and unobstructed. Do not give any human laxatives as this is very dangerous. I hope this helps. Best of luck.

Expert:  DrMelJ replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Dorothy. How is everything going?
DrMelJ