Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

Y 60 lb lad could have eaten 3 trazodone 100mg what do I do?

Customer Question

y 60 lb lad could have eaten 3 trazodone 100mg what do I do?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome,

This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.

My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. However before I can start I need a little more information to make things clearer for me so could you please answer the following :

1. How long ago might this have happened, how many minutes or hours ago?

You can then expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so.We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype if this is more convenient for you. Please get back to me if this is more suitable for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }

Regards,

Dr Scott

Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help.

The adverse effect profile for trazodone in dogs isn't well documented but potential adverse effects include sedation, lethargy, ataxia ("drunken sailor"), priapism (prolonged erection), cardiac conduction disturbances, increased anxiety, and aggression. 300 mg might be administered to a dog weighing over 88 lbs as the target dosage. 200 mg is the target dosage for a dog of his weight.