Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 3.8 lb Bolognese puppy chewed an old capsule he found

Customer Question

My 3.8 lb Bolognese puppy chewed an old capsule he found behind my couch. It is an orange capsule with tiny white beads in it.
It was from some medication the animal hospital gave my old dog
months ago for seizures, brain fungal treatment & infection. I don't remember it's name. Now
my puppy has been yawning & sleepy ALL afternoon until now.
He also has not pooped this evening after eating. I thought
it was from too much exuberant play yesterday but now I'm worried. What should I do?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am sorry to hear that Gizmo is having problems. Your vet's office should have a record of all medications that have been prescribed to your pet. I would recommend calling them and asking the name of the medication and letting them know what happened. Different medications have different effects and without knowing what type it was, it is difficult to help you furthur. If your pup is still behaving abnormally today, I would go aheead and bring him in for an examination. How did he do overnight?