Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian
88695179

My dog had a bad cut on s back nd leg and it looks like he

Customer Question

My dog had a bad cut on his back hind leg and it looks like he needs stitches.. I have called many vets for help but they all said that i have to have all the money to get him looked at and i dont know what to do its been a day in a hafe he acts like it dont bother him but i dont know ehat to do
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Is he licking the wound?

2- Is he using the back leg?

3- How big is the wound?

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Friend, it looks like you have gone offline. I will opt out so another expert can help you if you return. I am logging off.

Dr. Peter

Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** and I am sorry that you were not helped yet. I would trust your instincts that your dog needs stitches and likely needs antibiotics as well. I also understand that you have financial concerns. Do you have a local humane society near you? They often have a full service veterinary hospital open to the public that is usually less expensive than general practices. You also can consider Care Credit. This is a health care credit card that you can use for yourself and your pets. Lastly, the ASPCA has an entire page dedicated to folks who want to help others with their vet bills. Check that page out at https://www.aspca.org/about-us/faq/financial-help-my-vet-bills.

You can also message me about the wounds and we can talk about home care as well. If you could include a picture of the wounds (use the paperclip button at the top of the typing box to attach it into the conversation) that would also help.

I hope this answer helps you. Feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

Dr. Amanda

Kansas State University

College of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2001

Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

How is Loki this evening? How is the cut on his leg healing? Do you have any more questions for me?

If you are satisfied with my assistance, please take a moment to use the stars at the top of the page to rate my answer so that I will be compensated for answering your question. For future questions, you can find me here: http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=88695179&FID=0

Best regards,

Dr. Amanda