Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

Have a 12 yr old pap diagnosed with a malignant malanoma In

Customer Question

Have a 12 yr old pap diagnosed with a malignant malanoma
In throat a couple of months ago and today for the first time
Will not arch her tail over her back, what gives?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

HI this is DRB and I am sorry to hear about your Lucy's illness. I have a client right now who has a dog with same situation diagnosed a year ago. Their dog has lived a year but they have spent probably 15-20 grand easy.So your vet is correct that you would spend alot of money. The other truth is that when a vet discovers this type of tumor you already have metastatic disease which has spread. So don't feel bad about not doing the chemo and surgery and all that. As far as what the tail thing is about. Many dogs that have the typical arched tail will stop doing that when they just don't feel well. So my concern is that this might be her way of letting us know that she does not feel well. I hope this helps you and please feel free to ask follow up questions as I check my computer each night. Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you very much.