How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. John Your Own Question
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 5075
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dog just threw up (pretty violently) a lot of wrappers of

Customer Question

My dog just threw up (pretty violently) a lot of wrappers of Halloween chocolate candy. I don't know if there's more or how much he ate but he's a 70lb dog. He is very lethargic now and seems weak but it's also late in the night. What should I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long ago would you estimate he could have ingested the chocolate?

Any changes to his breathing?

What color are his gums (pink or pale/white)? Are they moist or sticky?

I see he isn't keen to take water, but can he keep anything down at all?

Related Dog Veterinary Questions