Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My dog has had all prescribed medication tonight including

Customer Question

my dog has had all prescribed medication tonight including 150mg tramadol but still panting with pain - can I give another 50 mg tramadol?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

Can you please tell me how much Ollie weighs and how long ago you gave the tramadol?

Lastly, what is Ollie being treated for with pain? Is there a recent surgery or arthritis pain?

Thank you

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

The typical prescribed dose for tramadol is 1-5 mg/kg every 8 hours as needed for pain. After orthopedic surgeries that can be adjusted further so there is sometimes a little wiggle room to increase the dose

You can also do rotations of warm and cool compresses in her area of pain with ten minute contact time and circular massage of the area if he will allow it (starting from toes to hip or toes to shoulder or head to toes of the back. Starting with light massage and deepening with each pass...

I will await your response. I am online another 30 minutes before taking a break for a little bit...

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

I hope you were able to view my responses, I am online another hour tonight if I can assist you further...

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept so I may be compensated for my time. Thank you!

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
Hi Anne,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Ollie. How is everything going?
Dr. Altman