Ola Barrett
Ola Barrett,
Experience:  Veterinarian at Lake Chatuge Animal Hospital
77721119

My chihuahua has an eye ulcer and is not responding to treat

Customer Question

My chihuahua has an eye ulcer and is not responding to treat with vetropolycin. She is sleeping a lot.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Ola Barrett replied 1 year ago.

Hello I am Dr. RB and I am a small animal veterinarian. Is is very important for any corneal ulcer to seen every 3-4 days while it is healing. Your regular vet need to stain the eye to monitor how it is healing. The reason for this being that ulcers can get very bad very fast and compromise the eye. If this ulcer is not healing and she is showing obvious signs of discomfort, she needs a recheck exam with your regular vet who can prescribe medications to relieve discomfort (such as Atropine or Flurbiprofen) or, if the ulcer isn't healing, a different antibiotic and/or serum drops. I hope this advice is of help to you.

Hello, I hope your dog is doing better with her eye issues? If my advice helped you, will you kindly take the time to give my answer a positive rating?

Hello again, I hope your little friend is feeling better..If my advice helped, it would be greatly appreciated if you could take the time to give my response a positive rating? This would allow me to receive compensation for my expertise and time assisting you and your pet.. Much thanks