Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

Noticed a slight tremor in s back leg when he sleeps only.

Customer Question

noticed a slight tremor in his back leg when he sleeps only. Really, its slight . his age is 3 about 125.00 pit and massive persora think I might have spelled it wrong. everything else is fine.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

I am unsure why your dog would have tremors while sleeping except during REM cycle of sleep. In some dogs it can be due to weakness but at his age and his breed this is very unlikely.

I would recommend videotaping it if you are able and as long as it is slight, not progressing, and he is showing no other signs then send it to your veterinarian or have your vet evaluate at his next annual exam to determine if there is any cause for concern.

My suspicion is that it is normal sleep pattern movements that in some dogs can be very subtle while others it is much more exaggerated.

I would log the severity using one to ten (ten being the most severe), length it lasts, and frequency and if you are noting that it is increasing in severity, frequency, or length please have the video evaluated as a precaution. Again I suspect it is normal variation and my dogs do the same thing during their sleep cycle on occasion and is a normal variation with your dog being lean and musculature might seem a little more pronounced.

Please let me know any additional questions I can assist with this evening.

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** your help, he is the only thing I have...I anticipate another loss, Iam greatfull you wording... Thank You , Mike
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome, I know how scary it is to have this emotional attachment and the fear of loss. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you both

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, I am checking in to see if I can be of any further assistance to you both today?

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Cytrex. How is everything going?
Dr. Altman