Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My dog has the identical bumps on m, how would you recommend

Customer Question

My dog has the identical bumps on him, how long would you recommend waiting before taking him to see a vet. Whats the average time they take to go away? Hours? Days? Weeks?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How long has he had the lumps?

2- Is lump above or below the skin?

3- Are they bothering him?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I notices him licking but the bumps i just saw for the first time today. They are below the skin. This picture of another dog looks almost identical to his.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are also very hard.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Give me a minute to type your answer. Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Friend, the bumps in the picture are the bulbis glandis. This is erectile tissue in the penis of male dogs. These bumps are the ones responsible for locking when dogs breed. This is completely normal; when they become enlarged it means the dog has an erection. So, as soon as the erection goes down the tissue (bumps) will go down as well.

Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Cash. How is everything going?
Dr. Peter