Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Idon't know if my 55ld dog a my medicine 50mgTopiramate

Customer Question

Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. There isn't much in the way of toxicity I would worry about here. Being that she is a bigger dog, I don't expect to see any serious symptoms. She may sleep a little more or seen to have a lack of coordination, but there isn't a serious toxicity concern. If you notice any vomiting, bloody stool, lack of appetite, inability to walk or extreme lethargy, I would be more concerned. Otherwise, it should be safe to keep an eye on her. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

DISCLAIMER: My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, please rate it. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.