Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Our 12 year old lab developed a hard lump just under one of

Customer Question

Our 12 year old lab developed a hard lump just under one of her front legs about 3 weeks ago. Her walking has been very difficult and we finally took her to the vet this past week. He took xrays and found quite a bit of arthritis in both legs, but he wasn't convinced that was the reason for the mass. He small needle biopsied it and didn't find anything to necessarily indicate cancer. My husband and I both think she ruptured a muscle and that is why the swelling is so bad. Not sure what we should do going forward.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? Has the lump increased in size since it first was found? Do you know what the report indicate about the mass? Was it considered inflammation or fat? What is the name of the other pain medication she is on besides the tramadol?