Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My 2 year old yorkie who is always jumping around is

Customer Question

my 2 year old yorkie who is always jumping around is unresponsive, wobbly and peed on herself when I reached to touch her.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about your Yorkie. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

I am also sorry to see you have not had help from an expert before now. I just came online and saw your question. How is she doing now? Do you still need help with her?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She's not shaking any longer but she jumps around all day but she acting like she's afraid to come to me. I can open certain items and she'll come run the same when the door bell rinds. She is under the bed and has not came out to go outside
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

Is she still wobbly? If you look at her gums, are they pink in color? Is she eating and drinking?

This could be a behavior change, and something unknown to you may have frightened her. But it could also be that she has an internal problem, or illness, such as low blood sugar, a bladder infection, digestive problem. She could be hurting somewhere, from something like a pinched nerve or slipped disc.

If she were my own dog, the place I would start is a good physical examination: Check to see if her gums are pink (if they look pale, that can be a sign of something serious), take her temperature with a rectal thermometer (normal is between 101 and 102), feel her lymph nodes and palpate her internal organs, listen to her heart and lungs, feel the quality of her pulses, check her legs and back and belly for pain or muscle tension. If she continues acting this way, she is telling you something is wrong, and an exam by your veterinarian is the best place to start to fine out where her problem is.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

How is she doing? Can I help with or answer anything else?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had to wait for her to come from under the bed. Her gums are pink she ate very little but that's not uncommon she eats all day a bite here and there she weighs 3lbs
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

So you think she is doing better? Good that her gums are pink. Dogs this small can have episodes of low blood sugar, hypoglycemia, that can make them be wobbly and have a change of behavior.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

How is your Yorkie today?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She back normal Thank you
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I am so glad to hear that! Thank you for the update. Please let me know if I can help with anything else. Kindly consider rating my answer!