Ola Barrett
Ola Barrett,
Experience:  Veterinarian at Lake Chatuge Animal Hospital
77721119

I have a little puppy that is 8weeks old and he seems to be

Customer Question

I have a little puppy that is 8weeks old and he seems to be having problems pooping tonight I should I do for him
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Ola Barrett replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am Dr. RB and I am a licensed veterinarian. First, check around your puppy's rectum and anal area and make sure their isn't a piece of material (hair, paper, fecal material, etc) that is preventing him from pooping. If you see anything very small and external, use GENTLE hands to pull this out slowly. However, stop if you are having any resistance at all. You can give your little puppy a couple of teaspoons of canned pumpkin (no sugar added) to help relieve constipation as well. If he continues to posture to defecate over the next 4-6 hours or so, especially if he vomits or cries out when attempting to go to the bathroom, he needs to be seen by your veterinarian right away because he may need an enema which should never be given without veterinary supervision. I hope this helps you:)

Hello, just checking to see how your puppy is doing and if my advice helped you? If so, I would greatly appreciate a positive rating. If you have other questions or I can help you further with this please let me know

Hi Sandy,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Ola Barrett

Hello again, I hope your little friend is feeling better..If my advice helped, it would be greatly appreciated if you could take the time to give my response a positive rating? This would allow me to receive compensation for my expertise and time assisting you and your pet.. Much thanks