Ola Barrett
Ola Barrett,
Experience:  Veterinarian at Lake Chatuge Animal Hospital
77721119

My, GSP, male dog has been sitting sitting down very

Customer Question

My , GSP, male dog has been sitting sitting down very "gently"...tale tucked under...just got up and his" penis" was quite extended....have never seen this before. He was in salt water recently and I think ate a stick...thre up, but has not been the sme since??
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

I'm Dr. Jo and I'm here to help you with your question about Beau. I'm so sorry you're having this problem, but glad you're looking for the information you need. You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided.
So I may know we're properly connected and that you understand how the website works (including that I'll need to earn your good rating in order to receive any compensation for helping you), please type in a short response below. You may rest assured you'll have my full attention and will receive a complete response once I know you're there.
Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

It appears you are not currently online and available to discuss your question with me. I'm sorry I missed the opportunity to have a live conversation with you. I will OPT OUT now so your question will be available for other experts when you return online.
Thank you for using our website.

Expert:  Ola Barrett replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am Dr. RB and I am a licensed veterinarian. If Beau's penis appears very inflamed, very dry or is bleeding, he needs to be seen by a local vet right away. You can try to apply warm water to his penis and, using lubrication (such a petroleum jelly) trying to gently place his penis back into the prepuce (skin around this penis). If his penis stays out several hours, I would recommend taking him to an emergency hospital so they can help you. The mucosa around the penis can become very dry and inflamed if it doesn't reduce back into the prepuce. Hope this answer helps you..

Hello, just checking to see how Beau is doing and if my advice helped you? If so, I would greatly appreciate a positive rating. If you have other questions or I can help you further with this please let me know?