Ola Barrett
Ola Barrett,
Experience:  Veterinarian at Lake Chatuge Animal Hospital
77721119

Five days ago my 7 month puppy stopped eating and has been

Customer Question

five days ago my 7 month puppy stopped eating and has been very sad. She wont eat anything and when she drinks water, she throws it up. I thought it was parvo and have been giving her paxxin but today she threw up what looked to be small pieces of meat like, not sure what it is.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Ola Barrett replied 1 year ago.

Hello I am Dr. RB:) Parvoviral enteritis is a the top of the rule out list. I am not sure what Paxxin is but if she does have Parvo, the only treatment option for her is hospitalized care with aggressive intravenous fluid therapy, antibiotics and medication to cease vomiting. Parvo can only be diagnosed by your veterinarian and she isn't eating and her energy level is low, she needs to be seen right away. Other test that may be performed include a fecal flotation and/or smear to rule out intestinal parasites, and abdominal x-rays and blood work. I hope this helps you and you can get your puppy in to see her regular vet right away.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Paxxin formerly Parvaid is specifically to treat parvo. Is vomiting chunks of what looks to be meat,skin not sure but it doesn't look like blood clots a symptom of parvo?

I believe the "chunks of meat" you are referring to sounds like inflamed lining of bowel which happen with both bacterial and viral (like Parvo) enteritis. Regardless of the underlying cause of this substance that she is vomiting, it is extremely concerning and she need to veterinary hospitalized care right away.

Hello, just checking to see how your puppy is doing and if my advice helped you? If so, I would greatly appreciate a positive rating. If you have other questions or I can help you further with this please let me know?

I'm just following up on our conversation about Bella. How is everything going?
Ola Barrett