Jess K
Jess K, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Licensed Veterinarian
89827615

My dog has nasal hyperkeratosis. Where can I purchase

Customer Question

my dog has nasal hyperkeratosis. Where can I purchase Karasolv and Douxo Seborrhea Spot? Should I go to my vet and ask for perscriptions?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. You can get a product equivilant to karasolv at most pharmacies such as Walgreens in the foot care department (where they sell things like insoles and foot creams). It is called Kerasal exfoliating foot ointment, and has the same active ingredients, and I have used it as a replacement when Karasolv became difficult to come by. You can see it at http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/kerasal-exfoliating-moisturizer-foot-ointment/ID=prod1182034-product

Expert:  Jess K replied 1 year ago.

The Duoxo Seborrhea spot I haven't used before, and don't know of anything in your local store that is equivilant. You could call your vet's office to see if they carry it, or order it from Amazon.com.

Expert:  Jess K replied 1 year ago.
Hi Cathy,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Duffy. How is everything going?
Jessica Keay