Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My dog just ate about 20 CVS AirShield tablets. Ingredients

Customer Question

My dog just ate about 20 CVS AirShield tablets. Ingredients are: Vitamin A, E, magnesium, selenium, manganese, herbal blend- maltodextrin, ionicera flower, forsythia, schizonpeta (above ground parts) ginger, echinacea, chinese vitex, amino acid blend - glutamine; other ingredients: dextrose, sorbitol, inulin, flavors, sweetner sucralose, mangesium stearate, coloring.
She's 15 months old, about 50 pounds.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

I don't see anything that will cause toxicity but it very well could cause gi upset.

Since your dog ingested this within the last hour then you can induce vomiting with 3% hydrogen peroxide 1 tsp per ten pounds (1 tbsp & 2 tsp) then walk around to mix it in the stomach and agitate the lining. If no vomiting within 10-15 minutes it can be repeated once only in hopes of inducing vomiting.

This is precautionary to remove it from the intestinal tract but again I don't see anything that will cause anything toxic...best to remove it from her system to minimize the gi upset of the next few days

I hope this makes sense but please let me know how else I can assist you both today

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier. Were you able to get Emma to vomit? How is she doing since you asked your question? I would love an update...

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept so I may be compensated for my time. Thank you!