Doc Sara
Doc Sara, Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a dog and cat veterinarian with a lifetime of experience in our family veterinary hospital.
23511967

I WAS ON THE COMPUTER WITH A DOCTOR BUT IT WILL KICK ME OFF

Customer Question

I WAS ON THE COMPUTER WITH A DOCTOR BUT IT WILL KICK ME OFF IF NOT ANSWERED RIGHTAWAY MY DOG KABBIE IS SPOTTING BLOOD IN HER PEE TODAY IT WAS A CALKEY SOMETHING CAME FROM HER WHAT DO I NEED TO DO I HAVE NO MONEY FOR A VET BILL PLEASE HELP
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Doc Sara replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon, I'm Dr. Sara. I'm a licensed veterinarian who works exclusively with dogs and cats. I'm sorry to hear that your pup isn't feeling well today. I have a few questions in order to help me give you the most complete response:

• When you say something came from her - what was it? Can you describe it or post pictures?
  • Has she had any urinary issues before in her life?
  • Is she spayed?

Thanks and I will await your reply :)

~Dr. Sara

Expert:  Doc Sara replied 1 year ago.

It doesn't appear that you're online. I'm sorry that we missed the opportunity to discuss this via chat, but I can leave my thoughts for you based on the short description that you gave me so far.

Blood in the urine is a common sign of a bladder infection. Other signs are increased frequency of urinations, straining to urinate or difficulty passing urine, and accidents in the house. Sometimes bladder infections can have very few symptoms and go on for a long time before they get noticed. My concern with your description of something "coming out" of her and a chalky appearance to the urine is that she may have developed bladder stones. In cases of long term bladder infections, the minerals in the bladder can stick together and form crystals or grit in the urine that can make it look cloudy. Over time, these crystals can stick together to form bladder stones. I know that this isn't what you're hoping to hear, but if she has a bladder infection, she is going to need a prescription for an antibiotic from the vet. Some of the more commonly used antibiotics can be obtained with a written script very inexpensively at grocery store or chain pharmacies, but your vet needs to do at least a physical examination to legally write a prescription. In some cases with pets who are already established clients, I'm willing to write a prescription if I've examined the pet recently and the owner brings a urine sample to my hospital for analysis. You could call your vet and see if that's an option for you. If she's got bladder stones forming, it's very important that she get treated before those stones become too large to pass - in which case she may need surgery to remove them.

Please let me know what other questions I can answer for you

~Dr. Sara

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My goal is to provide you with the most complete and accurate “five star” answer. If my answer isn’t what you were expecting, it’s incomplete, or you have more questions PLEASE REPLY to let me know what information you are looking for BEFORE giving me a negative rating! Thank you so much :)