Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 8 yr Old Coat Chihauahua Her Vagina is enlarged and Red

Customer Question

My 8 yr Old Long Coat Chihauahua
Her Vagina is enlarged and Red & Brown. She seems like she is irritated by chewing and licking.
The Vet said it could be an yeast infection. She prescribe Panalog.
I find this is not completely getting rid of the problem. Mia develop congestive heart condition before this and wondering if this could be side effect of her prescription Enalapril
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

How long has Mia had these issues?

Any changes to her urination? Dribbling?

What testing has her vet done?

Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so, this will let me see what you are seeing. To post them online, you can use the paper clipicon on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you can't see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on any other site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.