Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.
13146597

My mixed bastiff legs slide out from under m on hardwoof

Customer Question

my mixed bull bastiff legs slide out from under him on hardwoof floors he is 10 years old 137 lbs.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Whitehead replied 1 year ago.

Hello there. I am very sorry to hear about Hooch and his legs. I am happy to help you this evening. I would recommend staying on the Rimadyl instead of switching to bufferin as this can cause stomach upset and is not as well tolerated as Rimadryl. Bufferin can cause kidney issues also in dogs. So Rimadyl is a better option in a case like this. I would use it daily for at least a week to 10 days and let Hooch rest and recover. If you do not see significant improvement or if he worsens have him seen by your vet for x rays to make sure he didn't do some significant damage such as a torn ligament or fractured bone. But rest and Rimdayl should really help. If you use it for a week or two your chance of having kidney issues is minimal.

I hope this helps and I hope this makes sense. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!