Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I would like to get a second opin on ,,I have a terrier and

Customer Question

I would like to get a second opin on ,,I have a terrier and he weights 16 lbs,,, he goes to the vet at least every other month,, the thing is he has a bomp on his shoulder over his right leg,,its been there awhile I have just forgot to tell the vet,,so when I brought him in Sat I told the vet and she said he should have it taken out and gave me a bill for $1300 when I am ready to have it done,,, I asked if they could just do a bi op ,,and she said no ,,he is only 4years old and I don't want any thing to happen to him ,,can u give me your opinon
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How long has he had the lump?

2- Is the lump above or below the skin?

3- Is it bothering him?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he has had the lump at least 6months , maybe more , its not bothering him
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is that enough information,,?? he eats good he is a littler terrier and very lovable
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

1- Is the lump fast growing, like doubling in size every couple of months or so?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent u my home phone , my cell has to be charged
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Friend, I am not set up to make a phone call at this moment. If you wish I can opt out and allow another expert to help you or we can continue on this thread. Please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would rather talk
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Fair enough. I will opt out.

Expert:  Dr. Emily replied 1 year ago.

If you would like to discuss this further in chat format, please let me know. Unfortunately many of us are unable to answer via cell phone.