Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 10 yr. Lhasa Apso is really scaring me that something is

Customer Question

My 10 yr. Lhasa Apso is really scaring me that something is drastically wrong! She has been agitated, moving from one foot to the other, will not lay down, constantly looking around like she doesn't know where she is. Whimpering, shaking, going up on the bed, then down, going to other room, pacing! Obviously having a seizure or something like that but it has been going on for 5 hours all night. Nothing I do can pacify her. She won't let me hold her in a blanket! I feel terrible!!!
I feed her cooked chicken and green beans for her chronic skin allergies so I gave her 2 Benedryl at 10:00. She woke up at 1 and I gave her another. That's when she started this. Have I poisoned her? I am devastated and can barely wait until the vet opens so that is why I am writing. She won't drink water but is eating chic***** *****ke famished. Help!
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you with your wee one today.

You noted that you have been treating with Benadryl. Was it the 25mg tablets? How much does Solie weigh?

Can she keep the chicken down?

Are her gums nice and pink? Not pale/white?

Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count her breaths for 10 seconds + multiply by 6)?

If you press on her belly, is it tender, tense or sore at all?