Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Veterinary Questions
Hello, this is Dr.Jess. I see your pup decided to have a taste of a bath product? Is this a soap? shampoo? perfume?
I see online that this is an air freshener plug in product? If your pup only ingested a small amount she shouldn't have any lasting affects. You are already watching for all the important things. Other problems you may see may include drooling excessively from oral irritation. You can check her mouth for any ulcers or sores, but this is unlikely given the small amount she ingested. Watch for a normal appetite and energy level, vomiting or diarrhea, labored breathing. I have a strong feeling the oil just caused some local irritation which has led to the gag/cough, which should resolve tonight or tomorrow, if it even lasts that long. Please let me know if you have any other questions!