Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

He's shaking my dog is 3 years old and this just started

Customer Question

He's shaking my dog is 3 years old and this just started this morning he was fine then tonight it happened again shakes and eat a little bit and then stopped when we touch him he shakes
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. I need to clarify what "shaking" implies. Shaking/trembling often indicates pain or anxiety in dogs but there are also tremor patterns characteristic of specific disorders. You may be seeing an action-related repetitive myoclonus (generalized tremor) - diffuse, high-frequency skeletal muscle tremor that worsens with activity and resolves with sleep. This is a case where a picture is truly worth a 1000 words. His vet and I would appreciate it if you could video one of the events. If so, could you upload the video to an external site such as YouTube and give me the link?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took him to the vet already and there doing xray now but they think it's just a virus his bones are fine he's just tense but no signs of paralyzed just pain and in his stool thanks for the help and answer

Thank you for taking the time to let me know. My best to your Frenchie.