Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

We have a 7wk old puppy,big belly, whining, after pooping

Customer Question

We have a 7wk old puppy,big belly, whining, after pooping scoots on his butt? Hasn't had 1 shot, going to get it today?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this is DRB and I am happy to help you with this.....sounds like your puppy is infected with worms. That can give them a serious belly ache and can make them very sick and in some cases be fatal with some of the serious side effects we can see with parasites. IF you have not had him to a vet yet, then I would strongly recommend you go today. Hopefully it is just parasites and can be treated easily. Hopefully it will not be parvovirus since he has not had any shots yet. Definitely get him to vet asap. Hope this helps you. Sincerely, ***** ***** let me know if you have other questions for me.

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

I will check back with you tonight but go ahead and please take you puppy in asap as there is nothing you can do at home for this. Thank you very much, DRB