Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

We have a 3 1/2 month old puppy. She had really bad worms

Customer Question

We have a 3 1/2 month old puppy. She had really bad worms when we got her, she was 7 1/2 wks old. We went to a feed store and they recommended a liquid dewormer. We have followed the direction exactly, making sure the dose is right for her weight, weighing her before each dose. The worms havent gone away nor has the amount lessened. Can you recommend a dewormer that I can get at Petsmart or a feed store that will work?? We know this can't be healthy for her and has to have some affect on how she feels!! Help us please!!! We've treated her 4 times and we would prefer anything over a liquid!
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

SafeGuard , which is available at Petsmart and Petco is a very safe and effective wormer. I am not sure why the other wormers have not helped but this one is the best and similar to the prescription wormer that you would get at your vet.

Does that make sense to you?
Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please Reply so I can clarify for you
Sincerely, ***** *****