Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My dog has pimples on her belly and inside her legs and they

Customer Question

My dog has pimples on her belly and inside her legs and they are filled with white smelly stuff
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that I can squeeze out a bit
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

Unfortunately this is a skin infection and typically requires oral antibiotics to clear up. I can give you some basic guidelines to help minimize further progression but often this will need a veterinary exam and medication to resolve completely.

CLICK HERE for more information on this condition in dogs

- No licking! This introduces oral bacteria to the area and can spread this inflammatory process/ infection

- Benadryl 1 mg/ pound every 8 hours to help with the itch and redness. This might cause mild sedation but this will subside with use
- Oatmeal-based dog shampoo daily at first with ten minute contact time to the areas he is most itchy then rinse thoroughly. Once the redness and pustules begin to subside you can reduce the frequency of the baths
- A cone or e- collar that you can purchase at your local petstore to break the cycle of chewing and inflammatory reaction while the above recommendations begin to take effect

I hope this information is helpful but please let me know how else I can assist you both today!

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

If necessary a thin layer of a 1% cortisone cream to the areas. Please wipe off after ten minute to minimize systemic absorption but also prevent from ingesting it when licking

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

I am signing off for the evening but will respond by morning if you do ask any additional questions or comments. Please let me know how else I can assist you both

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept so I may be compensated for my time. Thank you!