Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Got a dog weight around 84 pounds took to vet in my area she

Customer Question

got a dog weight around 84 pounds took to vet in my area she had infection in one eye and she was drinking a lot of water they could tell that in urine test , and said she has uti , was put on antibiotic , took back in ten days for check up, eye was looking better but they did blood work and said she has infection in uterus and needs emergency surgery , which Im not doubting them ,she is 61/2 yrs old very well mannered and very good with kids but we can not afford the surgery they said it would be close to 2,000 and do not take payments we are trying every thing to find money but no luck , so waslooking for some were that can help us out
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Kara replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I have over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian. I am sorry to hear that your girl needs surgery that isn't affordable for you right now.

Have you checked into CareCredit? This company finances large veterinary bills and allows you to pay them back over time. Here's a link to their website:

http://www.carecredit.com/vetmed/

If you aren't eligible for CareCredit and your regular veterinarian is beyond your means financially now your other option is to contact your local shelter or humane society and see if they run a low cost clinic or know of one in your area.

If not here is a web-page that lists some organizations that may be able to help:

http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/resources/tips/trouble_affording_pet.html?credit=web_id91754962#Assistance_by_state

Best of luck to you and your pup.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** try humanesociety, if no help then I may end up putting her to rest, which is a shame for she is such a beautiful dog
Expert:  Dr. Kara replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry to hear that and it is a shame. Definitely give the humane society a try, and take a look at that website link I gave you too, there are organizations that do help, but it can take a huge effort to find it.