Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Veterinary Questions
Hello, my name is***** and I have over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian. I understand that you are concerned that Lucy may have ingested 20mgs of Simvastatin.
The good news is that the "statin" cholesterol lowering drugs have very low toxicity in dogs, and she is a big dog.
A one time dose of 20mgs may lead to some loose stools, but that should be it. These drugs are not organ toxic and will cause any long term harm.
Please let me know if you have any further questions.