Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

I just gave my 19 lb dog of 20mg of famotidine, not knowing

Customer Question

I just gave my 19 lb dog of 20mg of famotidine, not knowing that another family member gave him one within the past hour. Should I be worried.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

That is a wee bit more then he needed, but it will do no harm. Adverse effects tend to require overdoses 100x more then they should have. So, we could in theory see a bit of GI upset or restlessness but this is unlikely and should only be a short term sign if seen. So, we'd want to keep an eye on him but there is no real worry here.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! Just to confirm, he had a total 40mg this morning and he should be fine. Correct?
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, 40mg is no worry at all. :)

Take care,

Dr. B.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much!!! I'm relieved! Have a nice day!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Awwh, what a lovely lad. :)

You both have a great day,

Dr. B.

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

** Please remember to rate my answer when you are satisfied as this is how I am credited for assisting you. IF you have any lingering questions or concerns,please stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I canto provide you with the service you seek. Thank you. :)