Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My dog ate part of a combate bait strip

Customer Question

my dog ate part of a combate bait strip
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to a assist you both today!

Luckily the amount of pesticide within this product is not toxic to dogs. It can cause mild stomach upset and if the strip itself is ingested can potentially cause a gi obstruction in a smaller dog but it will not be toxic to organ function nor should it cause neurologic symptoms

Tonight feed bland diet of white rice and boiled chicken and if you have it available pepcid (famotidine) over the counter 0.25 mg/ pound every 12 hours for 2-3 days but hopefully none of the container itself was ingested and monitoring for vomiting, diarrhea, reduced appetite x 12-24 hours is advised.

If seen then a veterinary exam is warranted but monitoring should be fine tonight. No need to induce vomiting either

I hope this information makes sense but please let me know how else I can assist you both tonight. I am online another 20 minutes to answer any additional questions or concerns

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Good evening, I wanted to check in on your dog after your question yesterday to see if there were any issues after ingesting the Combat Bait strip? I would love an update when you are able...

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept so I may be compensated for my time. Thank you!