Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

My toy rat terrier has two marble sized lumps. One is on her

Customer Question

My toy rat terrier has two marble sized lumps. One is on her right hip area, and one on her right front shoulder area. What can be the cause. These are recent within the month.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to assist this..... if both of these lumps are new in the last month then my very first concern would be a skin cancer of some type. Non-cancerous growths do not appear that rapidly. You will need to take your dog to your vet and have either an aspirate done or a biopsy to determine what these are and how to treat. There is a small possibility that they could be something else but with the size and sudden appearance a cancer is highest on my list. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Most Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you very much.

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

I will check back with you in the morning in case you have additional questions. Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or concerns. I will check back with you if you leave a message here.Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
Hi Victoria,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Sissy. How is everything going?
Dr B