Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My dog loved her new igloo dog house the day we got it. She

Customer Question

My dog loved her new igloo dog house the day we got it for her. She stayed in it all day and night. Last night she had dragged all of her blankets out of the dog house and moved as far away from the house as possible. She seems to be afraid of it. What could have happened?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Something has frightened your girl inside the igloo...this could have been a funny sound, an insect or anything else that she was not used to. The only thing you can do now is to "Desensitize " her to the new house. BY that I mean, purchase a DAP Collar that is a canine pheromone that acts as a calming agent to decrease her anxiety about the new house. Then try giving her treats in or near the house and replacing her blankets inside. When she is closer, or even tries , praise her loudly. This will take some time and patience but it will help get her over what is scarying her in the new house. You may never know what triggered this but there are ways to acclimate her to the new house. Keep working on it...

This LINK may help.
Does that make sense to you?
Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please Reply so I can clarify for you
Sincerely, ***** *****

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Loretta