Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

I am miloslav of the Czech Republic, and my fourteen dog has

Customer Question

Hi I am miloslav of the Czech Republic, and my fourteen dog has chronic nephritis am looking for a preparation anything I could help him a little bit clean and start the rest of the kidney, my wife can not accept his departure, now we walk every day infusion on day ,thanks for the help
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry t hear about sweet Stella's condition. I know this is very hard. You are doing almost every thing that you can. Flushing her system with fluids to remove the toxins is a great help and the diet has a high quality protein that does not require the kidney to work hard. The only other thing you can add is a supplement of Azodyl which slows down the uremic toxin build up and prevents further kidney damage. This LINK will help explain.

I know this is hard on your wife but we are limited in how to treat this disease. It may help to run the fluids more often.

Does that make sense to you?
Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please Reply so I can clarify for you
Sincerely, ***** *****