Hello, my name is***** and I have over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian. I'm sorry to hear that your pup ate a pound of uncooked brown rice.
My concern is that rice is super absorbent and would tend to expand quite a bit in the juices of the gastrointestinal system. Or it can not get enough water and become impacted. It may pass but because she just ate it, it's worth trying to get her to vomit it back up.
You can give her 1 tablespoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide per 10 pounds of body weight mixed with bread chunks or ice cream (no more than 3 tablespoons even if though weighs more than 35 pounds).
Then take her outside and run her around to get the peroxide bubbling so she vomits. You can also put on hand on each side of her abdomen and gently move it back and forth the get the peroxide bubbling.
If no vomiting in 10 minutes repeat the peroxide dose once.
If she vomits and seems to clear her stomach and be done I would check to see if the pieces are present.
Once she finishes vomiting and empties her stomach to try and settle her stomach today you can give either:
1) Pepcid-ac (famotidine) at a dose of one 10mg tablet per 20 to 40 pounds of body weight every 12 hours.
2) Prilosec (omeprazole) at a dose of one 20mg tablet per 40 to 80 pounds of body weight every 24 hours.
These will reduce stomach acid and should help settle her stomach.
If she vomits most of it back up for the next couple of days feed a homemade diet of 1/3 boiled, lean hamburger or boiled, white, skinless chicken, all fats and juices drained off the meat, and 2/3 boiled, plain, white rice. Add 1 tablespoon of canned pumpkin, (not pie filling, just pumpkin), to each meal for fiber and to keep the ingesta soft whether she vomits most of the rice back up or not to help push the remaining pieces through. Also add lots of water or low salt broth to her meals to keep her well hydrated.
If she doesn't vomit it back up or you choose not to induce vomiting still use the bland diet with pumpkin to try and get the rice to pass. If she starts vomiting later, has a tense painful belly or refuses to eat or runs a fever (more than 103F rectally) then that can signify a blockage and she should be seen by a veterinarian immediately. Surgery may be needed at that point.
But odds are if you can get at least some of the rice out she will be fine.
Please let me know if you have any further questions.