Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My dog won't stop sicking the carpet. She is often kind of

Customer Question

My dog won't stop sicking the carpet. She is often kind of cough's down in her throat. I think she ate something when we were out side walking, but I couldn/t catch her in time.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's She won't stop licking the carpet.
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

THis licking behavior often means that your girl feels nauseous. It could be from something she may have ingested while on her walk. For now, since this is probably minor, fast her for 12 to 24 hrs and after the fast, feed her a small meal of rice and boiled chicken. If she feels better, then she will be fine. If she continues this or starts vomiting, it is best to have your vet examine her. In most cases, however, this is enough to resolve this odd behavior.

Does that make sense to you?
Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please Reply so I can clarify for you
Sincerely, ***** *****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I kind of agree. Once she was at a party simi outdoors and she played around with an insect we thought was dead. I think she swollowed it. When I got her home, she did the same thing, but I thought she had a bee sting on her tongue when she licked the carpet. She finally threw up and felt better the next day. Thanks for helping me through this. She is very important to me. She often eats something on our walks and nothing happens. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She is now sitting next to me at the computer and looks kind of much better. Now I will go look to see if she threw up. She looks normal already. Sorry I was so quick to worry. If nothing more happens, I will be happy. She sees her cardiologist on Thursday.
Sounds like a spoiled baby. Your answer calmed me down quite a bit, but I will watch her. Thanks, Virginias

I am so happy, Virginia, that your gal is already feeling better. We love them so much that it is normal to worry when things are not normal. You are doing great, Virginia, for your sweet gal.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your help helped me emensly. It is two days later and she is back to normal. Daisy woke up yesterday morning and threw up what was bothering. To day she was normal. Thanks for your help. it was worth the $20 to me. Virginia

Oh, Virginia...that is so great!! I am so happy that I could help you and your sweet gal past this.

Have a great day!!