Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.
13146597

CAN I GIVE CIPRO TO DOG TOOTH AND GUM INFECTION AND SEEN TO

Customer Question

CAN I GIVE CIPRO TO DOG FOR A TOOTH AND GUM INFECTION AND SEEN TO EFFECT THE EYES AS WELL WITH MUCUS.. IF SO WHAT IS THE DOSAGE FOR A 80 TO 85 POUND DOG
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Whitehead replied 1 year ago.

Hello there. I am happy to help you this evening. Ciprofloxacin can be used as an antibiotic for oral infections. I do strongly recommend having your dog examined by a dog though as the underlying issue may not be resolved with antibiotics. The published dose of ciprofloxacin is 2.5 mg per pound of body weight by mouth every 12 hours. An 80 to 85 lb dog will need approximately 200 to 250 mg every 12 hours by mouth.

I hope this helps and I hope this makes sense. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I use Fish Flox or Fish Flox Forte and how many days should give it

I cannot recommend using an over the counter product formulated for fish in the way. This is not a recommended usage of this medication and not known to be safe for use in dogs.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I wasnt sure about the fish flox thank you for clarifying that for me .. so i can give my dog my 250mg twice a day and for how long should I give the treatment

You are welcome. Yes 250 mg twice daily is your dogs dose. Give for at least 7 to 10 days. That is the shortest I would do. I hope this helps. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have further questions. I am happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you the average cost for for tooth extraction

Unfortunately it depends on the tooth and the time it takes but usually a few hundred from start to finish including cleaning all the other teeth