Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!
I am so sorry Cupid is not feeling well today. Drooling indicates nausea in most dogs along with licking lips, eating grass, sometimes gurgling stomachs and increased water intake. The only other causes of increased drooling can be a bad tooth, a foreign body in the mouth, or chewing on something like an electric cord.
Trembling simply means malaise, he doesn't feel well and can be related to gi upset.
At this point I would be inclined to believe that Cupid is nauseous. I would recommend:
- Pepcid (famotidine) 0.25 mg/ pound every 12 hours for a few days
- Limit access to water to only a small amount at a time to minimize progression to full vomiting
- Wait 2-4 hours and offer only a bland diet of white rice and lean boiled meat such as ground chicken/ turkey in small more frequent meals. If not interested please let him be, as feeding when refusing and in this state can also cause progression to vomiting
- Exercise such as a leash walk 15+ minutes will help reduce nausea, gi cramping, and promote gi motility
If you note any signs below then I would advise a veterinary er today:
- Gums are pale, yellow, brick red and sticky indicating dehydration
- Vomiting or diarrhea with blood in it
- Increased lethargy or difficulty getting comfortable
- Swollen abdomen
- Respiratory rate > 60 while at rest
- Temperature rectally <99 or >103.5
- No interest in food for 24+ hours
- No urination for 12+ hours
- Trembling without resolution for more than an hour
- Productive coughing
- Taking a "play bow" or what looks like a downward dog position which is abdominal distress
I hope this information makes sense but please let me know how else I can assist you both today!
If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!
If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!