Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

What my dog tries to sleep at night, her body will start

Customer Question

What my dog tries to sleep at night, her body will start this jerking thing. It jerks twice then she movies and this will continue over and over. She is having a hard time sleeping.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

If Lola has just had her vaccines, there is chance that she is having an allergic reaction to these vaccines which can cause this jerking movement. Give Lola Benadryl at 1 mg per pound every 12 hrs for a few days to see if this will resolve.If it does not, have your vet examine Lola since these are obvious neurologic symptoms that may require testing. This is less likely but possible.

Does that make sense to you?
Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please Reply so I can clarify for you
Sincerely, ***** *****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lola had her vaccines months ago this just started two days ago. I can't see the vaccines being her problem.

This still could be due to an allergic reaction and it will not hurt to give the Benadryl now to see if that will help. If it does not, then your vet will have to run a neurologic exam to find the cause.

Hi Barbara,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Lola. How is everything going?
Dr. Loretta