Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My dog is acting very hyper and panting. he is usually very

Customer Question

my dog is acting very hyper and panting. he is usually very laid back. He is a seven year old huskey mix
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

This sudden odd behavior usually means that LoDo has had an allergic reaction to something such as an insect or contact allergy. It is a good sign that he has eaten but for now,, give him Benadryl at 1 mg per pound every 12 hrs. If this is an allergic reaction, you will see LoDo calming down within a few hours. Continue this until the symptoms subside. If LoDo does not respond to this, than there is something else going on that will require veterinary attention to be sure we have not missed something.

Does that make sense to you?
Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please Reply so I can clarify for you
Sincerely, ***** *****