Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Our golden retriever is restless, she has been pacing back

Customer Question

Our golden retriever is restless, she has been pacing back and forth since earlier this afternoon. She has been scratching her belly and neck. We bathed her and she was calm for about an hour. We took her for her evening walk and she began running around, digging into the soil, laying down, then moving again. Since we can't take her to a vet until tomorrow, what can we do for her now?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We're thinking it may be mange. Would it be harmful to apply Bag Balm/Udder Cream - since the only place open right now is CVS or Walgreens and we can go buy it if it might help her.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

Are you seeing any skin changes on the belly or neck? (ie pimples, pustules, sores, scabs, crusting, etc)?