Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of experience with domestic and exotic dogs, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.
17018043

I recently just bought a 11 week old German short haired

Customer Question

I recently just bought a 11 week old German short haired pointer. He did have parvo a couple weeks before I got him but had already been treated and got over it and was back to being with the rest of the puppies. Do I need to be worried about anything ? I do have a 1 year old golden retriever but he's had all his shots and everything I just don't want him getting anything.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.

At this point you don't currently need to be worried about anything. If he has fully recovered he should not be shedding the virus any more. Even if he was your Golden should be completely protected with the injections. The only slight risk is if you brough an unvaccinated puppy to live where he contracted the parvo since parvo virus resists freezing and remains in the environment over 9 months. If he is fully recoverd then he is no longer at risk and neither is your Golden retreiver. I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more quesitons. Dr. Dan