Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have great Pyrenees puppy about 7 1/2 months old. we were

Customer Question

I have great Pyrenees puppy about 7 1/2 months old. we were out and he somehow got a hold of a container of ground coffee ( not used grounds), and has eaten some but I do not know how much, he is acting hyper now and a little unruly. Should I maybe give him some Benadryl to slow him down? I have read that caffeine could cause him to have a seizure. What can I do?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome,

This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.

My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. However before I can start I need a little more information to make things clearer for me so could you please answer the following :

1. How long ago did he have access to the coffee { How many minutes or hours ago }

You can then expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so.We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype if this is more convenient for you. Please get back to me if this is more suitable for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }

Regards,

Dr Scott