Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

What can I do when my dog ate a bee

Customer Question

What can I do when my dog ate a bee
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

First and foremost we need to get Bruiser some benadryl, a dose of 1 mg/ pound and this should provide relief within 30-60 minutes of administration. So if he is 14 pounds he would get 1/2 adult 25 mg or a children's 12.5 mg tablet

Second famotidine (pepcid) 0.25 mg/ pound every 12 hours to help settle his stomach along with some bland food of white rice and boiled chicken. But the benadryl is what is going to make him feel better asap

If you can get him up and walking after the benadryl then it will absorb more rapidly...

I hope this information makes sense but please let me know how else I can assist you both today. Other antihistamines can work but benadryl is the most effective and may cause mild sedation initially. Repeat in four hours then again 6-8 hours for 24 hours

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier. How is Bruiser doing since you asked your question? I would love an update when you are able...

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept so I may be compensated for my time. Thank you!

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

I will be taking a short dinner break but will monitor for any update you have...