Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian
88695179

When I was at work my daughter was playing with our larger

Customer Question

hi Dr. Susan when I was at work my daughter was playing with our larger dog and she accidentally hit my Yorkie with her paw. My daughter said that the hit was around her jaw. My yorkie will not walk and she is just laying down on her side. she is laying with her head on the side. I can not afford to take her to the vet and i do not have pet insurance. What can I do?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** and I am very sorry to hear that your Yorkie was injured.

Can you examine her mouth to look inside of it? If you stand her up, can she walk and is she just choosing NOT to stand because of pain? Please answer these questions so that I can help you help your puppy.

Based on your history, though, I am very worried that your dog will need examination by a veterinarian. Do you have a local humane society near you? They often have a full service veterinary hospital open to the public that is usually less expensive than general practices. You also can consider Care Credit. This is a health care credit card that you can use for yourself and your pets. Lastly, the ASPCA has an entire page dedicated to folks who want to help others with their vet bills. Check that page out at https://www.aspca.org/about-us/faq/financial-help-my-vet-bills.

I hope this answer helps you. Feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

Dr. Amanda

Kansas State University

College of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2001

Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

How is your Yorkie this evening? Any improvement in her pain and energy level? Were you able to take her to a vet today? Do you have any more questions for me?

If you are satisfied with my assistance, please take a moment to use the stars at the top of the page to rate my answer so that I will be compensated for answering your question. For future questions, you can find me here: http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=88695179&FID=0

Best regards,

Dr. Amanda