Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Phil
, I have a puppy yhat weighs abouy 15 lbs and he

Customer Question

Customer: phil
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a puppy yhat weighs abouy 15 lbs and he ate a beef bolion cube qith rhe wreapper still on it
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and welcome.

My name is***** I am an experienced small animal veterinary surgeon and I will be very pleased to work with you today and will try my best to answer your question to your satisfaction.

1. Sorry about the slight delay, I am in a very different time zone to you and have just come online first thing this morning and found your question.

2. There would be nothing toxic in the cube itself but your pup may experience a mild transient bout of gastro-enteritis due to the sudden intake of a rich food source { Many dogs have quite weak stomachs you see } But this should not present too much of a problem.

3. In my experience the wrapper will probably just pass through your dog's intestinal tract without problem. However there is a very small chance of intestinal tract obstruction. The best thing to do is just to treat your dog normally at present but keep a good eye on him and if you see any adverse symptoms such as vomiting, lethargy, anorexia, abdominal pain or straining then you should contact your local vet without delay.

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.